As we approach the end of the year, we need to get the schedule of events that help round out our upcoming festive month.
4th: Casual Day
11th: Christmas Tournament! See the rules below. Also, last league of 2010!
18th: Off Day
25th: Christmas Day!!!! I hope you enjoy the day with friends, family, and loved ones.
1st: Casual Day. Show off any new cards you got over the Christmas break. :)
Rest of Month: TBD
Okay, so the big thing here...THE CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT!
If you can guess by now, you're gonna build Red- and Green-themed decks. But if I leave it completely open, I'm afraid I'll get some Jund variant that's not really a lot of fun to play. So let's help the fun factor a bit:
2) Singleton, meaning only one copy of any card unless it's a Basic Land.
3) Un- cards are okay except for Granny's Payback.
4) The only legal colors are Red and/or Green. No Colorless cards, and no multi-colored cards that you cannot use Red and/or Green mana exclusively to pay for any and all costs on the card (including mana cost).
5) You may only make Green and/or Red mana from your mana sources. If you make any other color, you get 1 Colorless mana instead for that color.
6) Your deck cannot be mono-colored: You must have a mix of Red and Green (and/or Red/Green multicolor) cards in the deck. I have no mandated ratio of Red-to-Green cards, but be honest with yourself: If 99% of your deck is Red, chances are it's gonna come across as a mono-Red deck splashing Green for one or two cards.
7) "Christmas Gift" 1: If you run all Snow-Covered Forests and Snow-Covered Mountains as your lands, you may start the game with 1 extra card in hand and increase your maximum hand size by 1.
8) "Christmas Gift" 2: If you include Goblin Snowman in your deck, you may start the game with 1 extra card in hand and increase your maximum hand size by 1.
NOTE: The "gifts" accumulate, so having all Snow-Covered Forests and Snow-Covered Mountains PLUS Goblin Snowman will give you 2 extra cards in hand at the start of each game and increase your maximum hand size by 2.
I will do some kind of hand-out, but I'm not sure what I'll do. I've got promos left over, so I may do that but I'm not sure which ones to use. Regardless, I'll do something.
Oh, did I mention? Cost is free! Who can argue with that in the month of Christmas? ;)