I want to get some feel on what you feel our Cube needs in order to move it forward and get some variety into the format.
Currently, blue reigns supreme. The reason it wasn't supported too well this last draft? Because we all had to make a conscious decision to pass up Blue cards. It seems like it didn't matter what Blue cards went around, we had to force ourselves into other colors.
So what I want, using specific card examples, is:
1) How can we punish Blue a bit more?
2a) Is control in general (not just in Blue) too much of an influence? If so, what control-type cards always seem to make it in?
2b) What aggro/combo cards would you suggest adding to the Cube to help combat control cards?
3) Is there any effect that's normally "off color" (i.e.: Not normal for that color) that you'd like to see? If so, what is an example(s) of it?
I'm already planning changes for the next cube, including:
1) Taking out cards that never hit the Main Decks. There's no point in including cards that always get put off to the side.
2) Adding Scars of Mirrodin cards, including all 3 Planeswalkers, Molten-Tail Masticore, and Mimic Vat.
3) Replacing Lotus Bloom with another 0-mana artifact that makes 3 of any one color. (sorry to get your hopes up, but it's not that card. Though I am shooting to get one eventually. :) )
4) Upgrades to current cards, like an original Rorix Bladewing, foil Urza's Saga Avalanched Riders, and a fairly nice upgrade to a dual land.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Let's make the Cube something that's fun no matter when and how we draft. :)