About Us

We're a local unofficial Magic gathering group in Hixson, TN.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Schedule for May + ROE Draft Rules and Handouts


MAY
1st: Rise of the Eldrazi Draft. I'm looking at having only 2 boxes of ROE available, but if I get overwhelmed with demand I can buy another box. Just come back the week after I E-mail you I've got your order if that happens. SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON FUTURE SCHEDULING
8th:  Casual Day
15th: Legacy Proxy Tournament. Rules to be posted Sunday, May 2nd
22nd: Casual Day
29th: Off Day, Tournament June 5th, Format TBD

The Rise of the Eldrazi Draft will be 3 packs of Rise of the Eldrazi with normal draft rules.

For those who haven't drafted before, we've got a few changes compared to normal drafting:
1) Write down every Rare and foil in your pack when you open your packs.
2) The Rares and foils will go to the prize pool at the end of the tournament except the one Rare/foil you choose to keep. If you don't keep a Rare/foil, you'll get priority in picking one of the remaining Rares until everyone has 1 Rare/foil. Starting with the second Rare/foil picks, we go in order of finishing order.

Price is $8: $7.50 for 3x packs, plus $.50 toward extra prize packs.

Participation Promo: 1 Launch Party promo version of Lord of Shatterskull Pass to the first 10 players to register
Raffle Promo: 4 players who played in the draft and didn't win (myself excluded) will randomly receive 1 Prerelease promo version of Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. With 4 players or less (myself excluded), this effectively becomes another Participation Promo and you'll get one guaranteed.
General Prizes: Prizes will contain all Rares/foils from the booster packs (personal picks excluded, of course) and all cards in as many Rise of the Eldrazi packs as we can afford from the entry fee.


A note on the promos: I may not get them in time to hand out Saturday. However, Morgan Hardy has shipped them so I should have them by Monday at the latest. If that happens, I'll pass out the promos the next time you're here or you can send me your mailing address and I'll send it in the mail.


We need tournament ideas for June. Our tournament-available dates are June 5th and 19th. Comment to this post with any ideas you have!



We hope to see all of you tomorrow for the Rise of the Eldrazi "Release" Draft!

No comments:

Post a Comment